ZFX is "Special Effects" for your car.
Three years in the making, Zaino ZFXTM is finally here!
ZFXTM, with Flash CureTM (patent pending), is a revolutionary new cross-linking and polish enhancement additive that's exclusive to the Zaino Show Car Polish system. There's never been anything quite like ZFXTM, and here's why:
- All polish, sealant and wax protection systems must "cure" before they can effectively protect your paint. Once cured, all paint protection systems begin to deteriorate. The rate of deterioration depends on many factors, including the chemicals used, bonding qualities, weather, washing, and use of the car.
- Very few specialty paint protection systems can be layered to increase protection and paint appearance. Layer-able systems must cure prior to application of subsequent coats. Depending on the product, cure time may take a few hours or a few days.
- For lasting protection, most synthetic sealants are formulated to be hard. If not properly designed, synthetic sealants may crack, yellow or distort the optics of the paint surface.
ZFXTM is a Zaino Show Car Polish cross-linking and acceleration additive. It offers near-instant cure time, reduced surface distortion, enhanced polish flexibility, and improved bonding to both paint and additional layers of Show Car Polish. In simple terms, ZFXTM vastly improves paint surface appearance and increases polish durability.
ZFXTM is the product of more than 30 years of custom show car experience. Professional painters add chemicals and compounds to their paint mix prior to painting to promote cross-linking, improve paint flexibility, reduce paint imperfections, increase hardness, and improve gloss. We applied this same line of thinking in the development of ZFXTM. The result is a stunning professional show car finish with less effort, no waiting and longer-lasting results.
ZFXTM can be used with any of our Show Car Polish products, including Z-2TM, Z-3TM and Z-5TM. Plus, ZFXTM makes using Z-1TM Polish Lok unnecessary. Using ZFXTM in place of Z-1TM Polish Lok will promote cross-linking, reduce drying time, increase gloss factor, extend durability level, and instantly cure to allow multiple immediate coats! No more waiting between coats!
When we say "acceleration," we mean it! Adding ZFXTM to any one of our Show Car Polishes prior to use is like kicking an F-14 Tomcat into afterburner. The competition just can't compete… we'll shoot them down every time. Perfect shine, less time — guaranteed!
The vial of ZFXTM inside one of the mixing bottles contained in the ZFXTM package is half full. There is enough ZFXTM for 120 to 140 drops which yields up to 32 ounces of polish!
Please note: ZFXTM is a very important part of the Zaino system and MUST be used with the initial application of the system, even on brand new paint. ZFX should be used with the Zaino system twice a year on daily driven vehicles or once a year on show cars. When using ZFX, you do not need to apply Z-1.
- Each ZFXTM kit comes with a 2ml vial of accelerator mix and several 2 ounce mixing bottles. A single ZFXTM kit provides enough mix to accommodate up to 32 ounces of Zaino Show Car Polish (Z-2 PRO, Z-3 or Z-5 PRO).
- Pour one to two ounces of Show Car Polish into a 2 ounce mixing bottle. For each ounce of polish, add 4-5 drops of ZFXTM (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 to 90 seconds.
- While you get your towels and applicators ready, allow the ZFXTM enabled Zaino Show Car Polish to sit for thirty seconds so the ZFXTM can begin activating the polish. Give the applicator bottle a final shake for 10 seconds before using.
- Apply Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFXTM with a 100% cotton cloth applicator. Use the polish sparingly. A small amount goes a long way, and you will be applying multiple coats.
- Squirt a dime size dab of polish on your applicator and rub it into your paint using circular hand motions. Then, go over the same area using a straight back and forth motion on top panels and an up and down motion on side panels. Allow the polish to haze over for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Buff off the Show Car Polish residue with a high quality, 100% made in the USA cotton towel.
- After buffing, spray the car with a light mist of Z-6TM Gloss Enhancer detailing spray. Z-6TM will help buff away any remaining residue and enhances the brightness of the finish. Using Z-6TM, the next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish will apply even easier.
- You're now ready to apply your next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFXTM. There's no need to wait. Simply repeat steps 4-7 above one more time. Apply no more than three coats of ZFXTM in a 24 hour period. For optimum results, use ZFXTM within 6 hours of mixing. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel for removal of each coat.
When you are finished polishing, wash the mixing bottle inside and out with a heavy concentration of liquid dishwashing detergent or even better Isopropyl Alcohol and thoroughly rinse. The ZFXTM mixing bottles cannot be reused if the polish remains in the bottle for more than 12 hours. After 12 hours, it is not possible to remove the ZFXTM accelerator from the mixing bottles. Throw the mixing bottle and any unused polish contents away after 12 hours.
ZFXTM Flash Cure Accelerator Additive should be used with Zaino Show Car Polish (Z-2 or Z-5, Z-3 for non clear coated) twice a year on an everyday car and once a year on a show car. Also, please reapply ZFXTM Flash Cure Accelerator Additive after every ten coats of Zaino Show Car Polish (Z-2 or Z-5, Z-3 for non clear coated). ZFXTM Flash Cure Accelerator Additive will never remove Zaino. Also the NEW ZFXTM Flash Cure Accelerator Additive is an incredible product and could be used as often as you like… it's up to you. It will tighten up and strengthen the polish system and increase the gloss.
The ZFX contains four empty 2 ounce bottles and one half-full vial containing 2 ml of product.