Quickly and safely removes contamination. Makes your paint feel smooth as glass!
Z-18 ClayBarTM is a pliable, synthetic bar that quickly and safely removes imbedded contamination from all glass and painted surfaces. Used for years by automobile manufacturers and auto body shops, paint cleaning clay is an excellent choice for removing contamination that cannot be removed using conventional cleaning methods.
Z-18 ClayBarTM is non-abrasive and works like no cleaner, compound or chemical can. When used as directed, it is safe for use on all paint finishes.
Use Z-18 ClayBarTM to help remove the following:
- Rail dust – Tiny, sharp bare metal shavings that can adhere and imbed into the paint finish and cause serious damage when left untreated. Over 70% of new vehicles are transported from the factory using the rail system. In many cases, new cars are stored near a railroad and becomes infected with rail dust.
- Brake Dust – Similar to rail dust, brake dust is also in the form of tiny, sharp metal shavings. In recent years, asbestos brake pads were replaced with metallic brake pads, which are actually brake pads made from tiny metal or metallic shavings. Anytime a vehicle is braking; brake dust is disbursed into the air and onto the paint finish. Since the brake dust is now actually tiny particles of bare metal, this form of brake dust can seriously damage the paint finish when left untreated.
- Industrial Fallout – A general term used for pollution and can be found in many forms. Eventually, pollution settles onto the paint finish of all vehicles and can cause serious damage when left untreated.
- Tree Sap, Road Tar, Bug Residue, Paint Overspray, and Acid Rain Deposits — These contaminants adhere to or imbed into the paint finish. Left untreated, they will cause permanent damage to your car’s paint work by staining and weakening the protective properties.
Z-18 ClayBarTM is highly recommended as the ultimate way to clean and prepare your car’s finish prior to using the Zaino Show Car Polish system.
- Before using a Z-18 ClayBarTM on your car, you must thoroughly clean and dry your car to remove any loose dirt. Direct sunlight should not fall on your car’s surface, and it’s best if the work area is relatively cool to prevent rapid evaporation of the clay lubricant. Do not risk scratching your car; if you drop your clay bar, throw it away!
- To use Z-18 ClayBarTM, you spray a water-based lubricant on a small area of your car and rub the bar back and forth with light to medium pressure. If the lubricant begins to dry, you’ll need to spray more. Z-18 is fairly sticky, and cannot be used dry. If you try using it dry, you’ll make a big mess. We suggest mixing one cap full of Z-7 Show Car Wash with water in a 16 ounce spray bottle. Z-6 also works as a lubricant for Z-18 ClayBar, but Z-7 Show Car Wash is much more cost effective.
- After a few passes with the Z-18 ClayBarTM, rub your hand over the area to feel if the surface contamination was removed. Keep rubbing until all contamination bumps are gone. Finally, wipe the clay residue off with a soft terrycloth towel, and buff to a nice luster. Just like polishing with Zaino Show Car Polish, work in small areas.
- Check your Z-18 ClayBar frequently for hard particles. When found, pick them off. Make it a habit to occasionally knead and reform the bar so that a fresh portion of the bar contacts your car’s paint. If you drop your bar of clay on the ground, it’s history. Toss it out. Don’t take any chances, discard the clay bar if it becomes impregnated with grit.
- Do not overuse. A single bar will do 3-4 medium size cars with moderate contamination. If you are removing heavy overspray or rail dust, use the bar once and throw it away.
- When you’re finished claying your car, you should wash it with Z-7 Show Car Wash to remove the lubricant film. Finally, seal your freshly cleaned paint with your choice of Z-2 Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes, Z-3 Show Car Polish for Non-clear Coated Paint, or Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches.
The Z-18 jar contains 4 ounces (two 2 ounce bars).